A Few of Our Favorites Places and Things to Do in Lake Tahoe
for those looking for a locals perspective on the hidden hot spots (or not so hidden, but still great!)
Our Favorite Restaurants
The Divided Sky
- A total locals hangout with a great bar, friendly staff and reasonably priced menu in Meyers. A fun hangout after a day of golf, skiing or hiking, and the live bands are tons of fun!
Samurai Sushi - The best in town - hands down! Fresh and delicious fish, tons of options for even non-sushi eaters, and great chefs and service. A must have in you love sushi!
Berts Cafe - Homemade breakfast without the cooking! Delicious, fresh ingredients and the friendliest owners you'll meet! Right across the street from our office (open until 2pm daily).
Apres Wine Bar - Conveniently located on the corner of Ski Run Blvd and Highway 50. A chic, laid back wine bar with nice employees and owner, great gift shop in addition to the unique wines and appetizers.
Weekly specials with sipping Tuesdays, live music, etc. Check it out!
- Although a franchise, the Chart House has a great bar, fabulous salad bar, even better views, and a classy and very tasty menu with steaks and seafood in all kinds of varieties.
Lake Tahoe Pizza
- Homemade crust (whole wheat even available), salad bar and some wonderful and unusual pizzas. It gets crowded on busy summer and winter weekends - order take out or go early! (Located right across the street from our office)
Passaretti's Italian Restaurant - Next door to our office and a favorite! Comfortable and casual family atmosphere, separate rooms for special occasions or large parties, delicious
Italian options on their huge menu, along with a full bar and espresso.
Fresh Ketch - A long time locals favorite in the Tahoe Keys marina. Sit out by the water in the summer months for appetizers, rum runners, and a fun and casual atmosphere.
They also have an upstairs dining option for dinner with a more upscale menu. They also usually have live music a few times a week as well.
Riva Grill - A tourist favorite. Right on the lake in Ski Run Marina. Yummy wood fired pizzas in the nice bar setting, or dine fancy in the regular dining room. Live music some days - and
Wet Woody's are the famous drink of choice here!
Tahoe Keys Cafe - Located in just behind "Hopes Closet" on the corner of Tahoe Keys Blvd and James Ave. (a nice mid-town option that is easily accessible from most of our rentals).
I love to stop in here on the weekends for a latte and some breakfast. They have a great menu with tons of options (breakfast and lunch) and their coffee is delicious! The staff is friendly, and the atmosphere is comfortable.
- Fish tacos anyone? They are award winning (in my book ;) ! Freshies has great variety on their menu to include salads, seafood, steak and veggie options. Summer time on the roof top patio with lake views is the best! Located across the
street from the lake in Lakeview Plaza, near Bank of America and Baskin Robbins.
Beach Hut Deli
- A perfect place to stop and grab sandwiches before heading out for a hike, the beach, or skiing. Fun atmosphere and they also serve beer and wine for those that want to dine in. Located near Starbucks in the Raleys (South Y) shopping center. (Close
to our office)
(Wireless Internet) - Located in Emerald Bay Rd. near the 'Y'. Warm and comfortable, locally owned and operated and lots of menu options. Great breakfast sandwiches too! A great place to hang out with a friend and chat over a hot cup of coffee.
Must-See Sights around the Lake Tahoe Basin
Tallac Historic Site
Visitors Center at Taylor Creek
Heavenly Gondola and new Flyer thrill ride
Fallen Leaf Lake
Numerous Day Hikes
Tahoe Rim Trail
Affordable Golf at Bijou Golf Course
Lake Tahoe Golf Course
Edgewood Golf Course
The Golf Club at Genoa Lakes
Hot Air Ballooning
ATV & Hummer Rentals
Bike Trails/Bike Rentals
Athletic Club/Gym - Sierra Athletic Club
Black Tie Ski Rentals - Free delivery and In-Room fitting! Great for groups of families - just call ahead and schedule an appointment for them to come to you!
Heavenly Mountain Resort
Sierra At Tahoe
Road Conditions for California or Nevada